Ever have those intense cravings for chocolate and dessert, and you just can't stop thinking about it? Well luckily for you, Accredited Practicing Dietitian Victoria Matkovic from Thrive Nutrition is here to give the people what they want — guilt free desserts! These dark chocolate cups are a perfect mix of sweet and salty, they are refined sugar free and include dark chocolate for your antioxidant needs. They are quite rich and decadent, so having one or two should do the trick.
This four ingredient dessert is super easy, and cruelty free too! So what are you waiting for? It’s time to get those cravings satisfied.
Makes: 10-12 cups
Time: 30 minutes
- 200g 70% dark chocolate
- ½ cup dried pitted dates
- Pinch salt, plus extra for decoration
- 1 tbsp natural peanut butter
- Place the dates in a heat proof bowl. Boil the water in a kettle and pour over the dates so they are covered. Let the dates soak for 10-15 minutes before draining.
- Break up 100g of the chocolate and place it in a heat proof bowl. Microwave on high for 30 seconds, remove and stir the chocolate well. Repeat microwaving the chocolate, stirring every 30 seconds until it has melted.
- Divide the melted chocolate into 10-12 small patty pans or silicon muffin holes and refrigerate until set (around 5-8 minutes).
- Meanwhile, in a blender or food processor, add dates, salt and peanut butter and blend until smooth. Scrape down the sides to ensure there are no large chunks of dates.
- Remove the chocolate cups from the fridge. Dollop half a teaspoon of the date mixture into the centre of a chocolate base. Repeat until all chocolate bases have the date mixture.
- Melt the other 100g of the chocolate (same method as above).
- Divide the melted chocolate among the 10-12 chocolate bases, ensuring to cover the date mixture. Sprinkle with more rock salt if desired.
- Refrigerate until set (around 10 minutes).
- Store in airtight container in the fridge for 2 weeks.
Sometimes staying on the health train isn’t as easy as it seems on Instagram, so give these dark chocolate dessert cups a go for a sweet kick.