Searching for a fitness-friendly meal that isn't chicken breast and rice?
With the Ryderwear PUSHH App, you can not only upgrade your home workouts, but also level up your learning beyond the gym, with a heap of recipes and advice from qualified nutritionists!
We’ve pulled this macro-friendly pork lettuce cup recipe straight from the PUSHH App for you to add to your lifting cookbook. Low in fat and carbs with just under 40g of protein, these pork cups take just 25 minutes to cook, making them the perfect post home workout meal!
Pork Lettuce Cup Recipe
Time: 25 mins
-150g (raw weight) lean pork mince
-2 cups diced veg (e.g. carrot, capsicum, peas- can use frozen)
-1 cup bean shoots
-4 -6 lettuce cups (iceberg lettuce works well)
-1 tbsp soy sauce
-1 tbsp oyster sauce
-½ tbsp sweet chili sauce
1. Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat and lightly spray with oil or add 1 tsp of oil.
2. Add in mince and cook for 3 minutes or until brown all over. Break up mince with a spoon while cooking.
3. Add in veg and sauces and cook for 5 minutes or until the vegetables have softened.
4. Turn off heat and stir through bean shoots.
5. To serve, divide mixture among lettuce cups.
-Swap pork mince to firm tofu to make it vegetarian.
-This recipe also works well with turkey or chicken mince.
-Add in cooked rice at step 4 to bulk up the meal and add more carbs.
Want to meal prep? This recipe is made for 1 serve, but the ingredients can easily be doubled or tripled!
All recipes sourced from Thrive Nutrition - Victoria Matkovic, Accredited Practising Dietitian.